Sales Discontinued is released at 24.09.2022 to MSXDEV22!
After more than two years developing, writing and testing we are proud to release our point & click adventure Sales Discontinued. The game engine is written from scratch in 100% assembly code and uses a custom designed tokenized scripting language. It contains more than 30,000 scripting lines and 5,000 lines of dialog, resulting in what – we think – must be the most storage space hogging MSX™ game ever.
The sound engine uses all 24 channels of your OLP4™ sound cartridge together with environment-modeled samples. Using state of the art synthesizers, electric guitars and kitchen utensils we have tried to create as many original sounds as possible. Interactive stereo effects will result in an audio experience never heard on an MSX™ before.
The game makes use of all the glorious 256 colors that MSX™ screen mode 8 offers. Special effects include RLE direct draw and real time graphics scaling technology, interactive dialogs and a three slot save game system to store your progress for later. Keyboard not needed.
You play as Karl Dandleton, an unsuccessful door-to-door salesman who gets himself into the most difficult situations just by chance. One day, when he closes a sale, he gets involved a nasty situation. Can you figure out what to do to save the day?
Minimum system requirements:
- 8-bit home computer carrying the MSX2™ logo.
- 128kB Video RAM.
- 512kB RAM single slot memory mapper.
- DOS2 operating system with FAT16 support.
- Storage device with the FAT16 filesystem (memory card or hard disk), with at least 36MB free space.
- Yamaha® OPL4™ sound cartridge with a minimum of 512kB RAM wavetable memory.
- Amplified stereo headphones or speakers connected directly to OPL4™ audio output.
Recommended system requirements:
- Faster MSX2™ Z80 CPU or R800 CPU with 512kB fast memory mapper. A one-chip MSX in turbo mode is also supported.
- Yamaha® OPL4™ compatible sound cartridge with a minimum of 512kB RAM wavetable memory.
- Nextor DOS2.
- MSX mouse or USB mouse hardware emulator.
- Color RGB CRT monitor.
- Good quality amplified stereo headphones or speakers connected directly to OPL4™ output.
*) Download version only.
Q: What will be the price?
A: It’s free.
Q: What will be the price in pesos?
Q: Can I pre-order?
Q: If I do not pre-order, what will be the retail price?
A: Still zero, whatever your currency is.
Q: Why are you giving it away?
A: We think anyone who wants to try out the game should be able to.
Q: I like that idea, can I still give you money?
Q: Where is the download?
A: It will be on this page, when it is released.
Q: I’ve heard there is a physical release, is that true?
If you want to support the development, please join our Financial Team by donating to our paypal account:
Date: Mon Jan 9 07:19:23 PM CET 2023
p_codeStart: equ 100H
p_codeEnd: equ 3F53H
p_subCodeStart: equ 100H
p_subCodeEnd: equ 3159H
p_dataStart: equ 3F53H
p_dataEnd: equ 4E4FH
q_interruptTable: equ 0C000H
p_ramCodeHighStart: equ 0C102H
p_ramCodeHighEnd: equ 0C146H
q_interruptAddress: equ 0C1C1H
p_codeHighStart: equ 0C1C4H
p_codeHighEnd: equ 0C4E0H
p_ramStart: equ 0C500H
p_ramEnd: equ 0CED4H
Data file size: 34088440
Executable file size: 20602
0 minutes and 54 seconds elapsed.
Play “MSX developers screw up”* now, new from NOP.
*) According to google translate.